It’s that time of the year again – tax time.  If you’re an investor, you know that brand new property has the highest deductions possible as you claim both Building Depreciation and Contents Depreciation.

Building Depreciation can also be known as capital works depreciation and includes construction costs, bricks, walls, flooring, doors, kitchen cupboards, fences, retaining walls, sinks, basins, baths, toilets, clotheslines and windows.  While Contents Depreciation, also known as plant and equipment depreciation, includes such items as hot water systems, carpets, blinds, ovens, cooktops, rangehoods, garage door motors and air conditioning.


To ensure you receive the maximum depreciation you are allowed to claim you need to use a reputable Quantity Surveyor to do a full depreciation schedule for each of your investment properties.

To help you in your investment journey, Redline Quantity Surveyors have agreed to a partnership to assist all our investors with fees from $349 per schedule for any new Massland development.

Here is the Redline website to better understand their services –

You can contact their office directly on 1300 732 667 or email

We hope this is a valuable resource for you at this time of the year and hope you receive all the entitlements you deserve!  

10 Properties in 10 Years – Your AAP…

Mark Rolton


Donate Now